Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Happy 4th Birthday Emma!!!

Wow! Where does the time go? It's hard to believe that tomorrow, Emma will turn 4! Four years ago at this time, I was in the early stages of labor and couldn't WAIT to meet our little girl! Emma is a spunky, independent, little girl with a mind of her own. She is extremely caring toward her brother and even though she wanted a "girl baby," she often tells me that he is the best baby brother in the whole world. She loves preschool, playing outside, princesses, dancing, singing, and using her imagination. She is learning to write words, wants to learn how to add, and says the craziest things at times. There is definitely a "right" way to do things in Emma's world... and look out if things aren't as she has planned! :)
Here's a prime example of Emma:
Today, we went to the Children's Museum... there is a small area for kids 36 months and under to play that looks like a sandcastle and has a slide and "look out" area on it. I wanted Luke to get to slide and climb (and in all honesty, didn't want to have to chase him through the museum for a few minutes.) so we went in to play. There weren't many kids there and I told Emma she could play but had to be really careful, look out for the little kids, etc. We played for a little while and sure enough, someone who worked there asked me how old she was (I said 3 of course... thinking 36 months actually meant 3) and they said she couldn't play and would need to sit and watch. So, we ventured off to play in another area. The Sand Castle area has always been Emma's favorite part of the museum. On the way home, Emma asked me why she couldn't play on the castle. I explained that it's an area for little kids and that she is getting bigger now that she's older and is too big to play on it. She thought back to a conversation she had with my dad last week, where he told her something like, "you sure are getting big... you need to stop growing" and she sighed and said, "I should have listened to Pa." I asked her what she meant by she should have listened to Pa and she said, "I should have listened to Pa when he told me to stop growing, then I could still go on the sandcastle!"

Here's a video montage of Emma over the last 4 years... I know, I just did one for Hawaii but now that I've learned about the site I can't help it and it is much easier than downloading a few pictures at a time.

6 comments:

Elissa said...

Happy Birthday, Emma! What a beautiful girl you are and how fast you are growing up! We Bastinellis love you SO much!

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

Happy B-Day, Emma!! :)

What a cute slide show! She's so cute! I'm going to use that idea for our boys' b-days coming up in a few weeks! Great idea!

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

Happy B-Day, Emma!! :)

What a cute slide show! She's so cute! I'm going to use that idea for our boys' b-days coming up in a few weeks! Great idea!

Anonymous said...

hahaha... I can just see you putting that together and bawling like a baby over how fast the time is flying! :) Very cute - I can't believe how much she looks the same as when she was a baby in terms of features! I can NEVER pick out baby pictures to match older kids, but I would have picked her out from practically birth! :) Have a fun birthday party!!!!
~ Jen.

Emma and Luke said...

Surprisingly, I didn't cry but now that you mention it... I'm surprised I didn't! :) Aren't those about the chubbiest cheeks you've ever seen?!

Anonymous said...

sara
that makes me cry! How precious.
I can't believe how fast children grow up.
Emma is quite the little lady!
-Christy Schwenke