Sunday, July 27, 2008

Fun in the Sun!

Our week in Chelan was a blast! My family has gone "camping" in Chelan, the 4th week in July, with the Kamikazie Kampers since before I was born. The group ranges from 13-17 families each year. We all stay in the City Park in trailers/motorhomes and have activities planned each day, topped off by a big themed potluck dinner each evening. We don't have our own trailer, and have never rented one so we stay with my parents in their trailer. It works out pretty well since 4 of the 6 of us sleep out under the stars each night. When I was little, we had big wheel races, olympics, a "carnival", etc. Now that some of us have kids of our own and still come with our families, some of these traditions have been brought back. I believe there were 13 trailers there this year with 2-6 people in each site! Yes, we have quite a group! We made a trip to the waterslides, had a "kiddie carnival", PowerProp tournament, trips to the pool and lake and many more fun activities. At the waterslides, Emma spent most of her time in the Kiddie play area and went down the little waterslide with us. It wasn't until we were ready to leave the she braved it and went down by herself. She LOVED it! So, Jeff and Luke headed home while Emma and I stayed and hitched a ride back with someone else. I think she must've gone down that slide about 50 times! We also spent part of one day at Jeff's cousin's house in Wenatchee and also spent a few hours with my aunt and uncle at their place on the Columbia River, riding their SeaDoos, etc. It was a really busy week, and we spent a lot of time chasing Luke (there is MUCH to be said about having a fenced back yard here at home!), but we had a ton of fun and can't wait to go back next year. Here are some pictures to capture our week in the sun! (I figured a slide show was the easiest way to put a bunch of pictures in....also, enjoy going back to your earlier days w/ my choice of music! (I know, not necessarily fitting except for the chorus but you gotta love it anyway)

5 comments:

Christy said...

HOW FUN!
Can we join your family for camping next summer?

karen richardson said...

Ahhh...looks like an awesome time. You got some great pics. What fun memories for you, your kiddos, your family and friends. Jimmy and I were just saying the other day that some of our favortie memories growing up involved camping with friends and family.

Glad you got to see my Mom - she just couldn't stay away from a social gathering! I actually got to see you all there about 4 years ago when I was in Chelan. I was blown away at all the organization it took to get y'all there and all the fun things you did as a group. How awesome!

I think I saw Katrina in one of the waterslide pics? Please pass on a hello to her. Love the pic of your mom and dad on the picnic table with all the grandkids!

Emma and Luke said...

HI Karen! Yes, I remember when you were in Chelan when we were there. It was before you were pregnant with the boys and I remember you talking about it. The week is very organized... one of my parents friends is on top of that and even sends out an itinerary each year! You did see Katrina in a couple of pictures... I'll tell her hello! Luckily, John/Katrina and Andy/Amy go every year so we get to all spend time together and of course my mom loves being with the grandkids all week! Take care!

Elissa said...

SO much fun! I must admit, I am a little jealous that you have such a huge event to look forward to every summer... Can I be in your family? ;) Anyways, I am glad you were all safe and had so much fun. I am glad you are back, too, so we can talk lots!

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

What great fun for your whole family!! It's awesome that you can build such special memories each summer! What a treat!