Thursday, July 10, 2008

"I Love you Sweet Pea"



While Luke can be very independent and 100% boy, he has also always been very sweet. He has been a cuddler from day one and LOVES to sit on your lap with his head on your shoulder. Last night, when we put him to bed, he played for awhile instead of going right to sleep. After about 30 minutes, I went into his room to tell him he needed to lay down and go to sleep. I told him I loved him to which he replied (for the first time ever!!) "I Uhb Uhhh Mama" It was the sweetest thing I've ever heard!! As I walked to the door, I said "Night Night Sweetpea" to which he replied in his cute little voice, "Nigh, Nigh eatee." It just amazes me how he is constantly "saying" new things that he hears us say!! The funny thing is, I used to always call Emma "Sweet Pea" but I've never called him that and I have no idea why I said it last night but I loved that he tried to copy me. He isn't much of a talker but when he does, he can melt your heart!

11 comments:

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

Tears to the eyes! What a very special little boy! Aren't boys awesome?! :) You've sure got a keeper!

Anonymous said...

Adorable.....it is so awesome to hear them "talk"....he is such a cutie. The pics form the 4th look like so much fun, but we did miss you at the lake. Shirley

Elissa said...

Oh, soooo sweet, Sarah! I love those melt your heart moments. It makes it all worth it and you wonder how you ever got tired or annoyed or angry! So as I was looking at the picture, Drew sat on my lap and said "Luke"! That shows you how often I look at your blog...

karen richardson said...

Aww...so sweet! He is so cute and smart! It would be fun to see our 3 boys playing together!:)

The Redman's said...

I was hoping you were coming to the beach... bummed you couldn't make it. Let's see... the kiddos are Connor (KT's), Audrey (Michelle's) Beckett and Finley (JoAnn's) Anna, Emily, Ellie, and Finn (Kari's) Luke and Alex (Jean's), and Bailey and Colin (Jeni's). It was fun. :)

Hope to see you sometime this summer.

-Suzi

Emma and Luke said...

Holy cow! I didn't know Cari had 4 now... so, Finn must be one - I know Jeni's, JoAnne's, Jeans Luke and Connor and I was trying to figure out which were Cari's... they have gotten SO big!! I'll have to relook now. :)

The Redman's said...

Yes, Alex in the grey and baby Finn (9 months).

jenbaum said...

seriously... I love it that you still have this blog up after the last couple of days! hahaha!!! I want to see pictures of the carpet! :)

Anonymous said...

He is sooo cute! What specail memories you two are creating! Enjoy them all as they grow up way too fast. Your mom told me about the cat, the carpet and the lipstick (sounds like a good title for a children's book,huh? Did it come out of the carpet?
Love all the pics and the stories you tell that go with them.

Anonymous said...

How do I change it so it doesn't say strong..con't know where that came from?

Emma and Luke said...

I'm not sure who "Strong" is but have my guesses... email me (or let me know who you are) and I'll email you and let you know how to change it!