Thursday, July 17, 2008

Princess Emma, Aurora, Alice... "Who are you today?"

As I've mentioned in previous blogs, Emma loves to pretend she's a princess. At preschool last year, she would even write Emma and Aurora on her papers, and she often dresses up in her princess clothes. She even corrects us 9 time out of 10 if we call her Emma! She used to always be Aurora (Sleeping Beauty) but in the last few months, has changed it up a bit. In fact, one of our neighbors even asks her when she sees her now, "Who are you today?" That's because for a few weeks, she was Alice, from Alice in Wonderland. That was a fun change except for the fact she was in tears because she didn't have a blue dress that looked like Alice's dress so we had to improvise with a khaki jumper and white shirt ... at least she bought it as comparable! Sometimes, she is Aurora, sometimes Belle. She has quite the imagination. In fact, about a month ago, she even asked me, "Mom, how do I become a real princess?" I told her she was a real princess but she didn't buy it so I informed her that she'd have to marry a real prince and that unfortunately, we don't have those in our country. She didn't seem to mind that answer though, and I think she'll be searching from here on out! :)


She has been asking for a Belle dress for awhile now, and before even telling her, my friend Elissa said her daughter had outgrown her Belle dress and asked if Emma would want it - would she ever!! They sent it up from Oregon and Emma opened the special package and was SO excited!! (She is often Belle these days when the neighbor asks!)
A package for me!
I like the looks of this!

SO EXCITED!!!
I know this is a long post, but I have one last story about our princess. Sweet Peas are my favorite flower and I always plant them from seed. This year, Emma helped me with all the stages of planting. We were cutting our first batch of flowers, and as she was holding them, she randomly informed me that this was her wedding bouquet. (Sidenote - I didn't care about any aspect of my wedding bouquet other than it needed to be yellow and white, and contain sweet peas!) She then ran and put on her Belle dress, came out, and told Luke that he was the prince who needed to marry her. He didn't seem too impressed and continued to eat his snack in a non-royal fashion. Here are some "wedding photos" of my beautiful princess (and her trying to convince her prince that he needs to marry her!) (Forgive the hair... we're in a "growing out" phase w/ some of the bangs!!)

The Beautiful Bride

As you can see, the "Luke, you are my prince, marry me!" Isn't working too well.

5 comments:

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

LOL!!! :) That's WAY too funny!!! I am so glad you beautifully captured this wonderful phase she's going through!! I wish you the best with this one!! I am destined to dodge flying dirt and trip on all the trains on the ground! :)

Emma and Luke said...

I'm right with you on the flying dirt w/ #2 in the family as you can see above. :) Your boys are precious... and, you just may end up with that princess down the line!

Anonymous said...

She looks like a princess and the flowers are gorgeous, too! I never knew they you were your favorite. I loved them at Mom and Dads place (in Everett)too. Anyway, great pictures and Im sure she won't have any problem getting that prince charming when she's older!

Susie

Elissa said...

It is so fun to see Emma in that dress! I am pretty sure she loves it even more than Sadie ever did. She is so beautiful! And those flowers are too. Someday you will have to share all of your gardening smarts with me so I can have flowers like yours!

Christy said...

How cute.
What a beautiful princess!