Today was it, the "dreaded' day of all days... the inevitable, yet the day I tune out once the end of June hits... the first day of work! Since I'm only half time, I only have to work half days on these three "teacher work days" before school starts next Wednesday, so in reality, it's not that bad. :) Today actually wasn't bad, we had a "back to school" event that was district wide and included every person (supposedly!) that worked for the district - teachers, administrators, bus drivers, custodians, district office personnel, etc. They showed this video, and though I've seen it before, it always amazes me and I thought I should share it with those of you who have not seen it. It's not that I think these people do the impossible, or that someone can't do something amazing if they put their mind to it that amazes me, yet the obstacles some people overcome and those who have had doubts cast upon them by others, who triumph even when told they can't do something. It is my hope for myself and all of you, that you can have the hope, desire, and will power to hold fast to your dreams, whatever they may be. I think it is especially important in our lives as parents, grandparents, teachers, etc. to constantly remind our children, or those around us that they truly can do anything they put their mind to! Enjoy!
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Start of a New School Year...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow, that gave me serious chills, Sarah! How neat, I haven't seen that before! What a great reminder, that we can do what we set our minds to, and sometimes we must fall down first. And we must remember to always seek the One "who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine"(Eph 3:20)!
WOW! That is powerful! Thanks for sharing this clip! What a beautiful reminder as you dive into a new school year! Everybody will be somebody! :)
Post a Comment