Since Luke is 100% boy and loves to play rough, etc. we knew one of these days he'd end up in a cast, with stitches, etc. Well, tonight was the night. Emma, Luke and I were hanging out in the living room, listening to Christmas music ,and looking at the tree lights after dinner. We'd been out there for probably 30 minutes when Luke started jumping around, playing and all of a sudden, he fell and hit the corner of the coffee table - it was a direct hit to his head. In fact, his cut even "looked" just like the corner. Poor guy!! Of course he started screaming, I ran with him into the bathroom to get something to catch the blood. Emma was a big helper and brought me a wet washcloth. I called Jeff who was luckily only a couple of minutes away.
Definitely not the way we wanted to spend our evening with our little guy but definitely thankful it wasn't a worse accident! The only surprising thing about this was that it didn't happen riding a bike, skateboard, or while climbing up on something. He's now sound asleep and I'm hoping tonight was the worst of it! (and, sidenote... I'm thinking Emma may have a future in medicine. She wanted to come with us, and insisted on watching them stitch him up... that's more than I can say, they lowered the bed for me so I didn't pass out while holding him - haha!)



4 comments:
poor kid!
I am amazed at how well he did! Kyle would FREAK OUT!
(And so would his mommy)
Luke did a doozy to himself, man that had to hurt! And good for Emma! You tell her that Elissa will tell her all about being a nurse. It cracked me up that they lowered the bed for you...good job for not passing out though! ;)
Do you think this is just the beginning? Or are you now banning him from bikes, skateboard, etc? :) Just kidding... sounds like he was trooper... and so were you! No surprises there.... glad he is OK. j.
WOW!!! SO sad! Poor little one! And, poor you, too! He's so brave too! Hope he heals really quickly!
Post a Comment